Search This Blog

5/10/07

MOGWAI : ROCK ACTION INDEED




Here is a pretty poor picture I snapped of last night's official mogwai POSTER, which I fell in love with and purchased for $15 after the last of the resounding set's echoes had diminished into the air and the receptors of our baincells.


Well I can surreptitiously add mogwai to the top of the heap of post-rock acts (now that I've finally seen em live & in my face). Damn. Shasta was right on. Totally visceral, and eventually, achieving a sort of transcendence by attempting to induce latent epiliptic seizures in the audience, at show's end.

I like to think of mogwai now as mono meets the melvins. All kinds a rock action, for realz.

I did not know any of the songs by title. Only that they simultaneously (and by turns) lulled, startled, soothed, and scared the bejeezuz out of the audience, who mostly stood hypnotized by mogwai's incessant onslaught of amped up lullabies.



The poster I bought (pictured above) is a limited edition, fine print which deserves to be framed.

After last night's riveting mogwai set, I'm afraid Pelican and Mono will have to bring every last bit of strength & reserve to the table, if they're going to stand a chance at competing.

No comments:

Post a Comment