Search This Blog

5/10/07

DINOSAUR JR April 16, 2006 @the Depot, SLC




Good ol' J. Mascis, bringin the squealz 4 realz




Lou Barlowe, keepin it down & low




Murph rulin' his percussive turf



Dinosaur Jr rocked Salt Lake last night! J Mascis was all over that fretboard! Lou Barlowe was a Beast on the BAss! I can't remember the drummer's name but he pounded the skins all night long!

Their opening band "PRIESTESS" started out like just another run-o-the-mill "70's stoner rock" band, but by their set's close, had redeemed themselves super-heavily as a force to be reckoned with. That drummer was insane ! By set's end, I was impressed. Take a little White Stripes from the singer, and mix in a heavy dose of Motorhead w/some powerhouse riffin, and you got "Priestess", a pretty good opener I'll have to admit.

But Dinosaur brought on the old-school set, just as promised. A perfect way to end Easter.

I'm all set for Mascis's new stoner-doom project WITCH \m/

1 comment:

  1. Ya I snapped these pics from my cellphone, they are unedited, as is

    ReplyDelete